We created and host the Talk Python To Me podcast. This provides much of the inspiration and background for our courses. That’s why we offer live, online office hours. You drop in and join a group of fellow students to chat about your course progress and see solutions via screen sharing. This code polls the Playoff Team Standings feed on MySportsFeeds and then I have some Python code that runs a for loop to rank each of the two NFL Conferences teams from 1 to 16.
- I don’t, so I typically go a little slower and take my time with the courses.
- Also, I would like to be able to push a button in PyCharm or VScode, or run a command line thing, and very easily get an executable file I can give to somebody.
- You drop in and join a group of fellow students to chat about your course progress and see solutions via screen sharing.
- Everyone learns differently, but one of the ways I learn best is to follow along by typing the code as he does in the video, helping me commit it to memory.
- We appreciate the opportunity to chat with Michael and learn from his Python expertise and experiences.
- Best online Python courses from a trusted source from the folks who bring you the Talk Python To Me podcast.
One of the best resources out there for Python video courses are the ones over at Talk Python Training. It needs a little bit of “I need to slow down.” Figure out what this means and do not try to just get to the answer, but try to constantly use these cycles of learning. The same thing happens if you apply linters to your program after you’ve been building it for six months. There’ll be pages and pages of problems that you didn’t know existed.
Best online Python courses from a trusted source from the folks who bring you the Talk Python To Me podcast.
It’s already really popular without those, but you can’t build mobile apps with it. And those can run in Digital Ocean, on Linode, in AWS.
Our videos and additional resources are available 24/7 so you can learn what you need exactly when you need it. After teaching you a core concept and coding it into one of the apps, Michael recaps what you’ve just learned in its own “Concept” video. This summarizes the concept you just put into practice and reinforces what you’ve learned.
Online training from a source you can trust. Courses are written and presented by Michael Kennedy, the host of the Talk Python To Me podcast and professional trainer with over 10 years of experience.
But, a lot of times, that’s not what’s needed. One of the things that we can do to help overcome the dull, repetitive things, is to use our creativity and our programming skills to figure out how to solve the problem once and for all. I think there are some interesting things around type annotations that we could probably do more with. Especially, if there are type annotations, we might be able to make math faster. I sort of tend to have simpler types of things that can be portable to different places.
Get notified about new courses and more.
” It’s so easy to dream about building the next best thing, right? You see, well, Instagram does this, but we could do so much better. If we applied that idea to trucks, it would be amazing.
- This is the only course (that we’re aware of) that shows you the full lifecycle of building Python and Flask-based applications centered around htmx.
- Our videos and additional resources are available 24/7 so you can learn what you need exactly when you need it.
- And one of the things I really learned, what I took away from that, is that it’s not just about software development.
- I should be taking the URL in the above eample, create a base_url variable and then append the feed name as another variable.
- I had no idea the power of requests – this is just one specific example of something I learned from this course.
- I enjoyed Consuming HTTP Services in Python.
Unlike basic tutorials where you’ll find only just quick coverage of a simple feature, we take a full-fledged web app and extend it by adding three real-world features all building upon htmx. While I had a cursory knowledge of HTTP commands like GET and PUT, the API Michael built for the course is awesome. You have the opportunity to create your own examples and interact with the API and blog explorer app – this isn’t something you see with most online courses out there. Here at Evrone, we often use Python to develop custom software solutions for our clients. If you would like to learn more about the services we offer, or you need assistance with your latest project, send us a message, and we will contact you soon to see how we can help. That used to be no fun, but look at it now.” And those problems will also help you grow as a software developer. Maybe you know how to load a CSV and save it to Postgres or whatever.
Online video courses for Python developers
There are a ton of of tutorials and classes available on the web about screen scraping. I’ve taken a few of them – one of the challenges I have with my app is figuring out the playoff seeding and I thought about scraping NFL.com, but that’s a different story. This chapter kicks off with an example of using a site’s sitemap.xml – an example I’ve never seen before that makes so much sense once you learn about it.
- That said, I’ve only used it as a consumer, not as a developer, but I have one of my favorite editing applications for doing all sorts of artwork, like logos and whatnot.
- If you have programming experience or are coming from a different language, the videos themselves will probably teach you what you need to do in Python.
- This chapter has a ton of great examples I’m going to be referencing when writing my app and using.
- We’re always chasing the new shiny library, the new shiny thing we can use to solve a problem.
- ” It’s so easy to dream about building the next best thing, right?
I’m sure you’ve seen GitHub Copilot, which lets you write a slight bit of documentation and then say “make that a program” and use Codex as the underlying ML engine. It goes to all the GitHub source code and it writes that code. I don’t believe that is a current solution to these problems, but we’ve seen machine learning go so fast. If you look 10, 20 years out, you could potentially ask an editor with artificial intelligence to write a program, and it might actually do it. That said, I don’t think that means there will be no programmers. I think there will be somebody who is going to have to verify that.
Talk Python To Me Podcast Founder Michael Kennedy Interview
Add deep linking to our dynamic web application, allowing us to share links into interactive segments. Moreover, we show you the right way to use htmx with Flask and Python. The resulting code is incredibly clean and would impress almost any professional web developer. One of the challenges of self-paced online learning is if you get stuck it can be hard to get help to get yourself unstuck.
- And it does a lot of its work using ML systems.
- With the requests module and JSON being a cornerstone of the app I hope to write, it was great to learn about everything I need to know to make that happen.
- So there’s the new shiny thing you get to play with.
- Take that next step to become a professional developer or data scientist today.